These Yummies are low glycemic and offer a gluten-free option!
- 3/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cup Agave nectar
- 3/4 cups xylitol or turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 1/2 cups flaxseed, ground
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups whole spelt or wheat flour or *Pamela’s bread mix
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 cups oatmeal
- Chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Dash of salt
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars; add flaxseed and set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and soda. Mix in oatmeal, 3/4 cup shredded coconut and combine with other ingredients. Dough should be thick and easily formed into balls with two teaspoons.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Place balls of dough on baking sheet, leaving about 2″ between cookies.
- Top with the remaining shredded coconut.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, watching not to burn top of cookies.
- Remove from sheet and arrange on a wire rack until completely cool